Rules of the Race
• Build a car that will move when a load is released from the pulley of the car
(the pulley must be part of the car and move with the car).
• The only force allowed on the vehicle must be the load hung on the pulley.
• The maximum allowed height of the pulley is 1 meter only.
• A car may contain one pulley and one load only.
• The cars do not have to have 4 wheels, but all cars must have at least 1 wheel.
• The distance recorded will be measured perpendicular to the starting line.
• A team may contain a maximum of three students.
• All cars will be inspected before the race.
• The winner will be the car which travels the longest distance.
• The three winning places will be identified and they will receive mystery prizes.
• The participants will receive bonus marks from their respective Physics teachers.
• All participants will receive a certificate.
• A Best Designed Car award will be awarded.
Gravity Car Race T-shirt Design Challenge
• Each class has to design, print and wear their own t-shirts.
• Each class is allowed to have one design and color only.
• On the T-shirts there must be the title: "Gravity Car Race".
• The class of Best Designed T-Shirt will be awarded.
• Please note: This copy of the t-shirt will be kept for judging and not returned.
Gravity Car Race Video Clip Challenge
• After the race each class will receive the footage of their cars racing and be challenged to edit the video into the coolest video clip.
• Prizes will be awarded for the best video clips submitted.
For more information: http://www.harmonyphysics.com/challenge-physics/gravity-car-race