Watermelon vs Rubber Bands
Click on the picture above to see the GIF
Rules of the Competition
• Teams need to have their own watermelons.
• Teams need to have their own rubber bands. Approximately 300-500 rubber bands.
• The only pressure allowed on the watermelon is the pressure of the rubber bands.
• Teams may have a circular shaped object to keep the watermelon upright.
• A team may contain a maximum of four students.
• All students are advised to wear a lab coat or own designed t-shirt.
• All students must wear lab goggles, protective eyewear or sunglasses.
• Teams need to have their own camcorders to record their watermelon explosion. Your parents may help you for recording.
• All watermelons will be inspected before the competition.
• After the competition teams need to clean their tables. Please have some cleaning material (i.e. tissue).