What can you control about your car?
- The four things that you can realistically realistically control
- Electrical Electrical efficiency
- Losses due to electrical electrical resistance
- Losses due to poor gearing
- Rolling friction friction
- Aerodynamic drag
Possible Order of Decisions
- Find your motor
- example, an ETEK motor runs at 48 volts
z Plan for sufficient batteries to operate motor at the optimum efficiency
A 48v motor will require require four 12volt
- Batteries,two 24 volt batteries,
etc. [The number of batteries batteries will coordinate coordinate with your frame]
- Plan your solar array so that it can efficiently efficiently charge your
A 48v motor will require require at least 52 volts coming in from your solar
array and producing producing approximately approximately 2.5 amps.
- How many amps do
you need to meet your power needs?
|Selection||File type icon||File name||Description||Size||Revision||Time||User|